Originally published at Analyst Admin.
This guide is for anyone who needs to inspect and/or modify HTTP requests to and from your PC. For example, if you need to inspect Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics tracking beacons.
See here for the Charles for macOS Guide.
- QA/verify Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics tracking beacons
- Inspect and/or transform HTTP requests to and from your PC
- Throttle connection either to specific hosts or all hosts
- Local proxy for websites, apps, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), or Android Studio
- Set up Windows 10 to proxy for iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, tvOS, and Apple TV
Charles Proxy is a powerful website optimization and QA tool for developers, analysts, and engineers. With Charles, you can monitor exactly how your application communicates with a remote server.
Part 1 — Certificate Set Up
The first part of the guide will help you add the Charles SSL Certificate to your PC so that Charles can decrypt any local HTTPS traffic.
Step 0 — Download and install Charles
Step 1 — Open Charles then go to Help > SSL Proxying > Install Charles Root Certificate
Step 2 — Click “ Install Certificate”
Step 3 — Select either “Current User” or “Local Machine”. I recommend “ Current User” for most users.
Step 4 — Select “Place all certificates in the following store” then click “Browse”
Step 5 — Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” then click “OK“
Continue reading the full guide at Analyst Admin.
Originally published at https://analystadmin.com on November 4, 2020.